Kelowna Real Estate: Home Buyer Services
From choosing the right neighbourhood to learning more about local schools, businesses and attractions, we know when making a move to or in and around Kelowna you will have a lot of questions. Our team of Kelowna REALTORS® will go above to help you feel right at home while helping you find your new home.
Kelowna Investment Real Estate
- Purchasing a house or condo to rent out for a long-term contract that you could retire to later
- Purchasing a house or condo to live in as a secondary residence and/or rent out as a vacation home for short-term rental agreements
- Purchasing a home with a legal suite
- Purchasing a home or condo that needs work at which point you will later sell for a profit
- Purchasing a condo or chalet at a ski or resort area such as Big White Ski Resort, Silver Star Mountain, or La Casa on the Lake as either a second residence or to rent out (or both).
Retiring: Retirement Living Kelowna
Kelowna has long since been known as a retiree’s haven. Nestled in the heart of the Okanagan Valley, Kelowna has the mild climate, recreation opportunities and lifestyle that affords itself well to those in the retirement phase of their life. Learn more about retirement living in Kelowna
There are a variety of real estate options available to those looking to retire in Kelowna. There are many adults-only gated communities that offer retirees the comforts of owning their own homes without any of the hassles. If you would like to retire to a new community, discover the newest Kelowna Developments.
The Buying Process
Buying a home is one of the biggest investments you will likely ever make. Having a good understanding of the home buying process will help make your experience more enjoyable and FUN- like it should be!
The First Steps in the Buying Process
- Choose your REALTOR – The Nyrose & Associates Team has diverse ages and life experiences. Choose a team member that fits your needs, or we can also recommend a team member who will suit your needs.
- Choose a Mortgage Broker – Mortgage Brokers are your key to monthly freedom. Choose the right mortgage broker to get the best rate and the best option for terms. Getting pre-approved will help speed up the buying process.
- Make your wish list – Decide on the key elements you want in your new home, including desired neighbourhoods, amenities and price range.
- Start Browsing – Your Kelowna Real Estate Professional will begin to help you narrow down the listings and will take you to view the homes until you find the perfect home and are ready to make an offer.
The Offer Stage
- Make an offer! Nyrose & Associates will sit down with you upon writing an offer and show you the value of the area and current sales to determine best offer to present. We ensure you are equipped with all the knowledge to understand the offer and value process. The offer process can go back and forth with counter offers before a mutually acceptable price and conditions can be determined by both sides.
- Accepted Offer. The main components that will be in an offer are:
- Completion dates
The Subject period.
This is the time frame- usually about 10 days- where you need to get a lot done quickly, including:
- Finalize financing
- Arrange a home inspection
- Have the property title reviewed
- Verify zoning (ie: does the home have a suite, or are you looking to change the use of the home) is it zoned for a suite.
- Review strata documents (if purchasing a strata property)
- Attain a lawyer to review Offer to Purchase documents
- Look into possible tax implications, ie: Canadian Residency, HST/GST rebates or grants (if purchasing a new home).
- Reviewing the home inspection report and ensuring no items need to be repaired or no amendments need to be added to the Offer to Purchase contract to make up for deficiencies with the home.
Once everything checks out and you’ve approved it all, the next step is….
- Subject Removal. All conditions in the contract that were subject to the Benefit of the Buyer are removed and any issues, pertaining to the property title, zoning, etc. have been dealt with and you are now in a firm and binding offer.
- **MOST IMPORTANT STEP– a deposit will need to be given to your Realtor to hold in trust and form part of the down payment on closing.
The Final Steps
- Lawyer Visit
- Mail Forward.
- New Home purchase walk-through’s.
- Book a moving van
- Once completion day arrives, Nyrose & Associates will meet you with your new keys
Considering a move to Kelowna? If you are coming to Kelowna on a home buying trip, our team will not only arrange the home visits, we can also help you with recommendations on where to say, what to see and even where to wine & dine.
How Can We Assist you?
Have any questions about buying, selling, or project sales and marketing?
Contact us today to find out how our fresh approach can help.
Fill out this form and we'll be glad to reply as soon as we can.