MEET THE TEAM KELOWNA REALTOR® PROFILE:
REALTOR®, OF NYROSE AND ASSOCIATES –
One of the first ASSOCIATES of Nyrose and Associates…..
Jennifer Williamson was one of the first Realtors® to join the Nyrose and Associates team back in 2009.
Born and raised in the Okanagan, Jennifer is an expert on the region and is our Relocation Specialist. Working in the real estate industry since 2006, Jen’s passion, energy and great sense of humor have allowed her to become one of Kelowna’s stand-out buyer’s agents.
Jennifer brings fresh ideas to all aspects relating to her business. Her extensive experience in the hospitality industry is evident in her approach to her clients. She is sensitive to their needs and desires and provides exceptional service. When she is not helping her clients find their dream home, Jen spends her time on the soccer field and out enjoying all the wonders of the Okanagan – from hitting the winter slopes to beach volleyball in the warmer months. Jen holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in International Relations from the University of British Columbia.
WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT THIS KELOWNA REAL ESTATE PROFESSIONAL?
WE ASKED JENNIFER SOME THOUGHT-PROVOKING QUESTIONS AND HERE IS WHAT SHE HAD TO SAY:
1. How long have you been in the real estate business?
11 years this June! Holy! I also started when I was 15 so….
2. How long have you been part of the Nyrose and Associates team?
8 glorious years.
3. What are the top three things that your past clients would use to describe you?
- Positive, I love what I do. Buying and selling real estate can be stressful, but overall I think it should be a positive experience.
- Knowledgeable, I have a lot of experience in many different areas of real estate: new development, relocating, planning and future land use, tenanted properties. I’ve learned a lot in 11 years
- Fun to spend time with. When buying or selling a house, you tend to spend a lot of time with your agent, I like to think I make the process enjoyable. I am genuinely excited for people when they get to move to the Okanagan because it’s awesome living here.
4. What is a typical day for you?
Well there aren’t really any typical days, which is what I love about this job, you never know what might come your way so you have to be adaptable. But, generally speaking, below is a somewhat average day.
6:00- wake up and try to get to a workout class of some sort, these days I have been loving spin at Spinco
7:00-8:45: Hang out with my little guy until our childcare arrives, get ready, eat breakfast, check emails.
9:00-12: office time, set up showings, return calls, attend meetings
Afternoon: showings, listing appointments etc
We tend to work when others don’t so a lot of the time meeting with clients takes place when their day is done, evenings and weekends. Also, in this market you have to be ready to jump at a moment’s notice.
5. Do you have any skills or talents that most people don’t know about?
Not really? I can do many sports I just never excelled at one particular activity. Growing up our parents put us in everything! From skating to tennis to soccer; I grew up being very active. I am also a pretty good cook, when I’m feeling inspired.
6. Flashback to when you were 10 years old. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Probably a lawyer or an archeologist, like Indiana Jones, I thought that looked pretty darn exciting.
7. Finish this sentence. On Sunday mornings, you can usually find me…
Making breakfast with my boys (husband and son), prior to heading out for a family hike or bike ride. The men in my family don’t really like to sit still
8. What publications do you regularly read?
I really like local news such as Castanet and Okanagan Life, there is always so much happening around here. I have also been known to peruse the Globe & Mail, preferably in hard copy, with a good cup of coffee, when I have time.
9. What are you happiest doing, when you are not working?
I love spending time with my family, having zero plans just going where the wind takes us that day; whether it’s for a hike, swimming at the H2O going to the farmer’s market or just out for coffee or lunch.
I also love to travel. Although destinations and activities have changed a bit since having our son.
10. What problems do you consistently solve for your clients?
Lots of them haha! No transaction is ever the same and rarely are they ever straightforward. I think part of my job is solving problems (when they arise), and working on behalf of my clients to ensure they are happy with the outcome.
11. Who is your ideal client and why should they connect with you?
I absolutely love when people are moving to Kelowna from out of town. Most people are so excited to be starting their new lives here; I love to share what I love about living here with them
12. If you could spend a week anywhere in the world, where would it be?
Hmmmm I think this changes on a weekly basis. Hawaii is a favorite of our family, especially Maui, it’s so easy with kids and super relaxing. However it would be great to go somewhere new, Iceland and the Philippines are definitely on the bucket list.
If you want to connect with Jennifer Williamson contact her at 250-870-8118 or email her to set up a time to find out just more about relocating to Kelowna or to see how fun and enjoyable Real Estate can be.