Is there such a thing as the perfect family home? Well, let’s put it this way. There’s a perfect home out there for your family. Every family’s definition of what would be perfect for them depends on their price range, family needs and lifestyle. As well, what might be perfect for a family with small, young children could be quite different from what’s perfect for a family with teenagers.
But, there are some common things families look for when trying to find their perfect family home.
The Anatomy of a Perfect Family Home
The perfect family home will be in a location that has other families with kids of similar ages. It will be close to schools. It will feel safe, comfortable and welcoming. Most families look for a home near great schools, parks, hiking & biking trails and with other children nearby.
Bigger isn’t always better; however, regardless of the actual square footage of the home, families look for space that can accommodate their needs. Having the right number of bedrooms, an open-concept living space, a place for the kids to play and a master suite where mom & dad can unwind is more important that the actual size on paper.
Having outdoor living space right off the main living space is ideal for young families. The kids can go outside and play, while you can still keep an eye on them.
Raising a family is expensive, so it’s important to ensure your mortgage doesn’t take up your entire budget.
Do you have time to do home repairs and renovations in-between activities, family-time, school and work? Many families look for a home that will be easy to maintain.
Kelowna Family Homes For Sale
For families looking for an ideal family home, in a great neighbourhood $650,000 and less check out these two homes that would be a great place for your family for years to come
1301 Bergamot Avenue | Upper Mission | Fabulous Family Home in The Ponds
- A lovely 4-bedroom home in the highly sought after neighbourhood of The Ponds in Kelowna’s Upper Mission.
- Close to great schools
- Lots of room to play – inside & outside
- One of the best priced homes in the neighbourhood
- Home shows pride of ownership
- Great family neighbourhood
- Learn more about 1301 Bergamot Avenue
1812 Vineyard Drive | West Kelowna | Near Mission Hill Winery
Now priced at $645,000
- Spacious layout in this West Kelowna family home
- Close to schools
- 4 bedrooms
- Lots of space for the entire family
- Perfect location. Close to the beach & town
- Open floorplan is great for family-time and entertaining guests
- Steps to the popular Mt. Boucherie hiking trails
- Learn More About 1812 Vineyard Drive
We love helping families find the PERFECT Family Home For Their Lifestyle – Get In Touch and we’ll help you decide what’s most important for your family and then we can narrow down the homes for sale to find the home that’s right for you.